Remember the taste of classic chocolate chip cookies? Well, read on to see how to make some for you and your loved ones. In this article, we will be going through the classic chocolate chip cookies recipe.
This is actually the first time ever that I’ve baked something by myself and with no help. I was in my earlier stage of baking. And I would say I’m pretty much delighted that I didn’t mess it up!
I have baked these cookies for a photoshoot of my cousin’s bakery business. She told me that her chocolate chip cookies recipe are one of the two products that are not that popular.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Hacks
- Butter should be taken out from the fridge earlier than the time of mixing the ingredients.
- Adding lots of chocolate chips is key.
- Do not over-bake. When you take out the cookies after about 12 minutes, it seems like they are not yet baked enough, but they are. The result? Gooey chocolate chip cookies!
- Do not over-mix. The cookies will become too flat when over-mixed.
- Patience is a virtue. Leave the cookie dough in the fridge for at least a day before baking. This will take the flavor out better.
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat in until fluffy.
- Little by little, mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Line a baking pan with a baking sheet and spread butter.
- Using a scooper, place the dough one at a time evenly spaced on the baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2-3 minutes. And then move to a cooling rack.